Hello everyone! Zakirah here. I’m so excited to be posting on the newly-designed site. I think everything looks so beautiful!
Today I want to share a PL trick that I’ve been using since February.
It’s no secret that our very own Gennifer Bursett makes great Project Life pockets. They’re the only ones that I use for my PL pages this year. I love how realistic they look. They make my PL pages shine.
One of the most common questions I get about my PL pages is how I get the shiny & bright pocket look, like on this page:
If you notice, there’s some feathery light effects on the pocket that I use. They come from Gennifer’s PL pockets, but I manipulated it a bit in Photoshop to enhance its appearance.
1. Open one of Gen’s pockets in Photoshop. For this tutorial I’m going to use her Back to Basics V1 pocket:
2. Let’s create a white background so we can see the pocket better:
3. Now let’s manipulate it. Copy the pocket layer 3 times. Set the layer setting for the layers like so:
4. Now your pocket will look like this:
5. Let’s turn off the white background to see the pocket better:
Notice the light ‘streaks’? They make your pages shine brighter! The secret is in the layer settings above.
6. Now you can group the layers together & slip your photos & journal cards under the group layer (not in the group).
To make it easier for you, I’m sharing the action that I created from the steps above so you could have the wispy, feathery light effects ready in 1 click! Download the action below:
Feel free to play with the layer opacity of each pocket layer. You can get different results like below when you edit just ONE layer’s opacity:
Have fun! Let me know if you have any questions in the comment section below.